Friday 6 April 2018

Video Focus: 8 Card Ideas with Altenew Cube Cover Die


Today I'm sharing a few ideas on how to use Altenew's Cube Cover Die which I am obsessed with! When I saw this die, I knew I had to have it, it has a clean and simple geometric look which lends itself really well to many different card designs. 

I have made a video with a voice over (please excuse my voice as I am recovering from a cold) showing how you can use the die in many different ways.  I'm also testing out a new software which has been a major learning curve for me and unfortunately I have had a little trouble with the sound, apologies for this, I am hoping to improve on this for the future!

There are so many other ways you can use this die which I have not mentioned including using the die cut as a stencil which you can use with inks, sprays and event embossing paste.

Altenew and Birch Press have layering cover plate dies and some of them can be quite expensive so I decided to experiment to see if I could replicate the look with a single die and when I saw the Cube Cover Die, I knew I had to give it a go. 

Layered Die cuts using Happy Together Stamp by Altenew
Layered Die Cut using Thinking of You Stamp and Script Words Die by Altenew 

You can watch the video for an overview of how I made the cards and created that layered look:




Here's a closer look at other cards I made and I have linked to other blogs and videos that I was inspired by:

Dry Embossed Background using Beautiful Lady Stamp by Altenew

Partial Die cut Panel using Adore You Stamps by Altenew
Above inspired by: https://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2016/06/float.html

Die Cut Inlay Panel
Above inspired by:  http://www.justinehovey.com/2018/01/shaker-card-tutorial-for-altenews.html
Shaker Card using Script Words Die by Altenew

Dimensional Card using Crafty Life Die by Altenew
Above inspired by: https://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2016/07/background.html



See Through Die Cut Card using Wings of Hope and Script Words 2 Die Set by Altenew
Above inspired by: https://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2018/02/see-die-cut-cards.html

I live in the UK and I bought all my products from Seven Hills Crafts: http://bit.ly/sevenhillscrafts

Thank you very much for taking the time to watch my video and read my blog! If you have any questions, please do let me know and I will get back to you as soon as I can. 

I hope that this has given you lots of idea on the many ways that you can us this versatile die. 

Have a lovely day!
Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment