Friday 29 September 2017

Starting a New Chapter!

“The only true voyage would be not to travel through a hundred different lands with the same pair of eyes, but to see the same land through a hundred different pairs of eyes.”
— MARCEL PROUST
Hello Loves,

I have been putting off writing a post for some time as I have so much to share and didn't know quite where to begin. So, I decided to start somewhere and maybe the words will flow a lot more easily :)

I have had an extraordinary year. I feel very blessed to be where I am right now in my little craft studio in our home. The leaves outside are beginning to become the colour of flames and the days are becoming colder ... and shorter. Normally I do not look forward to winter, but this year I am determined to embrace it!

What have I been doing these past few months? I have been teaching classes in shops, hosting workshops for WOW! Embossing Powder and for the London Stationery Show. Some of my creations can be seen in my here.


London Stationery Show April 2017

I've also had the honour of being published in a few Craft Magazines, and I have created a small gallery here!


Workshops at Loobi Crafts June 2017

I have decided to make the leap and make some MAJOR changes in my life this year, I have decided to branch out on my own and work freelance! I made the very scary decision to leave my job at WOW! Embossing Powder ... I have learnt so much over the 5 years that I have been with them, picking up new skills and developed personally and professionally. I will still continue to work with my beloved WOW Embossing Powders and you will see more of my work here on the blog, on Instagram and on YouTube!


WOW! Embossing Powder Retailer raining Day

I have challenged myself to post something everyday on Instagram for the month of September, so I decided to base all my main posts for the day on a theme which I called the "Dear Heart Project" which was an exercise to get me into the habit of sharing on a daily basis and to also get me to write more (something which I loved to do before I moved to the UK) and doing something beyond my comfort zone. I have had such an amazing response to the posts, where people have messaged me privately and spoken to me in person about how much they were affected by the words ... which made me feel very humbled. Thank you to everyone who has shared, liked and commented on the posts.


Dear Heart Project

Personally I have been looking after myself by exercising regularly, going for weekly swimming lessons (I used to be afraid of deep water yikes!) and consciously making better eating choices :) I have lost weight, gained muscle (my husband laughs at my delight in flexing my puny muscles heehee!) and feeling in the best shape that I have been in a very long time. If you have stuck with me reading through this huge post do take one thing away dear reader: Make Yourself a Priority.



Keep Swimming
Taking the plunge! 

So what's next? I am planning on posting most regularly on my blog, I post on Instagram almost daily and there are Youtube videos in the works! :o I hope that you will join me on my journey, and I am hoping to make some announcements of more workshops coming soon. My next workshop will be at Loobi Crafts on the 10th of November, so if you would like to join me please contact Lisa and Lynne for more details. 



Noel Mixed Media canvas

Thank you for stopping by and have a fantastic day 
๐Ÿ’—

Hugs,
Tania x


No comments:

Post a Comment